How to Enable 2 Factor Authentication using Duo in Watch My Domains SED
No coding required. Easily add Two Factor Authentication (2FA) to Watch My Domains SED. The required script is free to download and your work involves creating an account at Duo Security and then copying the script file to the Watch My Domains Folder.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security that makes sure that the users who login to any application or resource are who they say they are. This is normally accomplished by asking them to enter a secondary credential after they have provided their normal user name and password. The secondary credential could be a code send to their personal phone or a pre-specified personal identification code.
What is Duo Security?
Duo Security provides two-factor authentication solution for any application that requires it. You can use Duo security to add 2FA to your Watch My Domains SED installation. Your users will have to use their phone to complete their authentication after the normal user credentials are entered.
How to Enable Duo 2FA for Watch My Domains SED
We have created the required custom script for you, there is no coding required.
- Sign up for a Duo account. Duo has a free plan that supports up to 10 users. You will also receive 100 free telephony credits. You will need to purchase additional credits after it runs out.
- Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and navigate to Applications.
- Click 'Protect an Application' and locate 'Web SDK' in the applications list. Click 'Protect this Application' to get your integration key, secret key, and API hostname. See Getting Started at Duo for help.
- Create users and enrol them. Please see Enrolling Users. You should enrol all your users who have corresponding accounts for accessing Watch My Domains SED, this includes your own SED administration account.
- Download duo2fa-wmdsed.zip from the download link on this page. Unzip it into a folder. Open the custom.login.php file in that folder in any text editor and specify a random duo_application_key. It should be minimum 40 characters long and kept a secret.
- Specify the two key values plus the duo_host_name you obtained in step 3 in the custom.login.php file. Please see below for an example.
- Copy / upload the custom.login.php file to the root folder of Watch My Domains SED. Two factor authentication is now enabled.
$duo_application_key = "CREATEYOUROWNSECRETKEYHEREANDKEEPITSECRET"; # Get these three from the Duo Security admin panel for the Application. $duo_integration_key = "PINLI4R48UJWVY1GMSV3C"; $duo_secret_key = "P643zEztc8uDZtjZQ8QsTuEOQQtkWOaUkXNpIOxD"; $duo_host_name = "api-ef2c4ab3.duosecurity.com";
Domain Name Management
Watch My DOmains SED
A Powerful cloud / web server based domain name portfolio management application
Free 30 day trial available (credit card or email address is not required). You can host the application on your own server or ask us to host it for you.