How to Enable 2 Factor Authentication using Google Authenticator in Watch My Domains SED
No coding required. Easily add Two Factor Authentication (2FA) to Watch My Domains SED. The required script, developed by CodePunch Solutions, is already part of Watch My Domains SED v3.2.15 and later.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security that makes sure that the users who login to any application or resource are who they say they are. This is normally accomplished by asking them to enter a secondary credential after they have provided their normal user name and password. The secondary credential could be a code send to their personal phone or a pre-specified personal identification code.
What is Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator is a software token that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm and HMAC-based One-time Password Algorithm. The passwords are obtained through the Google Authenticator App available for Android and iOS. You can get the Authenticator application from Google
How to Enable Google Authenticator 2FA for Watch My Domains SED
We have created the required custom script for you, there is no coding required. The script is already available from within Watch My Domains SED as...
- Download and install Google Authenticator on your phone or tablet.
- Copy the above file to the root folder of your Watch My Domains SED
and rename it to
- Open custom.login.php in any text editor and specify the required keys. Please see the screen-shot below.
- Try to login to Watch My Domains SED. After your usual authenticator you will see
the 2FA screen. Type in your
$google_2fo_superadmin_setupkeyif you have logged in as super-admin) to setup the Authenticator. The super-admin user is the initial user you created to enable password protection. Please avoid logging in as 'super-admin', instead create a user with 'administrator' privileges.
- Open Google Authenticator and use the 'Add' button. Scan the bar code to initialize the application (screen-shot below).
- Enter the password from Google Authenticator to login.
- Provide the
$google_2fo_setupkeyto your users so that they can add the application to their Google AUthenticator. The
$google_2fo_setupkeywill work only once per user.
- To reset the authenticator secret for any user, login to Watch My Domains SED as administrator and deactivate the user. While the user is deactivated open the /custom.login.php (this file) in another tab of your browser. Come back to Watch My Domains SED and reactivate the user.
Domain Name Management
Watch My DOmains SED
A Powerful cloud / web server based domain name portfolio management application
Free 30 day trial available (credit card or email address is not required). You can host the application on your own server or ask us to host it for you.